Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Run Forest, Run!

Hey Lads, 

    I'm just home after a run, my first run in about 6 months.  Yikes am I rusty!  But I'm feeling really energized.  I've never been a street runner, so I was nervous about running through Cork City.  Wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be, but I'll admit I kinda beat the system.  I started out the door of my apartment and turned right to run along side the River Lee and over to the pedestrian only river walk.  From there I went to the park and had to walk because I started getting a shin splint which I dealt with for most of the rest of the way until I got to a nice long downhill street and ran the rest of the way home.  Man did it feel great to run again!  I've missed it.  And my new trainers feel great :-) 

My goal is to average running 3 days a week...wish me luck!

Carpe Diem,
Keely

No comments:

Post a Comment