Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Bookings

So instead of sorting my clothes and commencing the packing process, yesterday was spent right here on my laptop finding places to stay in Ireland and London and booking them.  Now, while this was a productive endeavor, I felt like I was accomplishing nothing.  My room still looks like a war zone, I have some laundry to do, and don't even get me started on my closet.  I love my mother dearly, but did she really need me to navigate the interwebs?  She has her own laptop and knows how to use the internet.  AND she's the one with the credit card.  So why was I fated to sit on my computer and do this?  I suppose she'll learn to get on without me.  Practice makes perfect...even with using computers.  We'll be staying in a self-catering apartment in Cork City, then we'll be in a hotel in Dublin (one we've stayed in before).  London is still up in the air because it's bloody expensive...even for a dump. 

  I was supposed to have help packing my room and going through my clothes.  Help has not arrived.  Do my friends not realize that helping me pack is a theraputic way for us to bond?  For us to share a sense of community together before I leave?  It's not just about 'helping me pack' or 'clean my room'.  It's about sharing meaningful time together.  Ugh.  And it's not like any of them are coming around asking to hang out.  Are they separating from me already?  Would they rather start missing me while I'm still here and able to see them?  I don't understand that phenomenon.  Wouldn't one want to spend MORE time with someone just before they leave for a long time instead of less? 

No comments:

Post a Comment