Thursday, March 22, 2012

Vascillating

So here I am again.  It's now the end of March and officially Spring.  I'm 6 months away from the completion of my Master's and am just as confused about "what's next" now as I was months ago.  After a trip to the Dingle peninsula a couple weekends ago, I've been thrown back into the tizzy of I CAN'T LEAVE IRELAND...vs.  going home and trying something again with You Know Who.  Again, the age old struggle between what I've wanted since I was a child and what I could possibly want now.  I want both.  But I can't have both.  And relationships aside, my student loans won't pay themselves off.  The easiest thing for me to do would be to move home and get a job, live at home for awhile and then move out...either get my own place or get one with a friend, or (if things were going well with You Know Who) get a place with him.  It pains me to say this, but if money were no object, I'd stay here.  Of course, I can't help feeling that at some point I'd get a nagging feeling  (can't imagine what from...)that compels me to travel home and see what's up.  


  The other component here is all my stuff back at home and frankly, familial duties.  I can't leave my mother with all my crap in the state it's in for her to deal with.  I need to legally change my name (again), and I want to complete my Reiki training with my current teacher.  So, home in September is looking like a definite anyway, regardless of whether or not I choose to stay in Ireland.  I need to explore all my options here.  Home is easy enough to figure out.  Moving country is a whole new ballgame when not tied to school or a job you've already been accepted into.  Sure, I could get a job here...despite bad economy...but what are my options?  I really must make it down to the school's career centre and see what's up.  Is it better to get established here?  Or is it better to move home for a couple years then move back?  Or will I want to stay at home if I move back there? Or will I constantly be looking back over my shoulder wishing I'd have stayed in Ireland?  The last question is almost a certainty.  I've always been looking to Ireland.  In fact, I can't really remember a time in my life when I wasn't.  I can see myself so easily settling into life here in Cork or on the Dingle peninsula.  Marry an Irishman, have little Irish babies...it's what I've wanted for as long as I can remember.  And being here, there's definitely the potential for that to happen.  I was a bit premature in my previous postings saying that it hasn't happened yet (implying that it probably wouldn't happen at all).  Who am I to say I won't meet someone today, tomorrow, or on my next trip to wherever?  


Then there's You Know Who.  No guarantees there either.  He could meet someone too.  And I would be happy for him.  I want him to be happy and at peace and I want him to have the best life ever.  I have my doubts about "us".  There's definitely love there.  But I feel like our values are still very different. The only thing is though, and he would say this, "how do we know if we don't try?"  And I really don't like the idea of him not being in my life.  I can see a scenario of me being at home too.  I move home, get a job, we try again, things work out, we move in together, get married etc.  Or what if we didn't work?  Would I hightail it back to Europe?....probably, I'd try at the very least.  I don't know, moving home still feels like some sort of trap.  Maybe I really am meant to stay here.  But maybe I need to go home for a few months or even a year to figure it out.  There's no knight in shining armor in this story.  I need to be that for myself.  Even if I met someone here, that wouldn't solve any unresolved stuff going on inside me.  There are so many variables and I only have so much energy to put toward them.  Which direction will I choose?  Feck, this is starting to feel like a game of tug-o-war.  


Right so, must gather more information.  AND focus on my Master's Degree.

No comments:

Post a Comment