Saturday, August 11, 2012

Going Home

Well folks,  this is it.  I'm going home today.  Home for the foreseeable future after living abroad for the past two years.  I can't believe this journey is coming to a close.  I'll have the adventure of writing my MA thesis once I'm settled and over jetlag.  But this has been an amazing time in my life.  I've made lifelong friends, become fluent in my second language, taught, conquered an MA program, fulfilled my dream of living in Ireland, and most importantly, I've grown up in more ways than even I can fathom.  Leaving Ireland is the most difficult departure I've had to date.  Wow.  At the same time, I am totally at peace with coming home.  I made the right decision.  And I'm so glad to be setting foot on American soil once again and reconnecting with my roots.  

Another adventure I'll be starting soon is reconnecting with M in person.  At the moment I'm in my numb travel mode, but once I'm home and it hits me that I'll be seeing him in 2 days...Agh!!!  I dunno about that one.  On one hand it's "going that route", on the other it's "there are no guarantees".  Libras.  He wasn't online last night.  I hate not talking to him just before I get on a flight.  Especially over the ocean.  And I'm miffed because he said he would be there.  Online I mean.  Ah well.  I'll beat him in a poke war the next time I see him ;-).  The next while is going to be difficult for "us".  We both still need to be looking out for numero uno and can't really put "us" first yet.  It's going to be tough finding a balance.  I'm trying not to have any expectations.  So for now I'll just say that I'm looking forward to seeing him and being in his energy, and hopefully his arms, again.  

America, here I come!

Cheers,
Keely

No comments:

Post a Comment